What is the state of your closet?
For some of us, we have enough clothes to open our own stores. Yet according to the Pareto Principle, we typically use only 20% of what we own. This being said, 80% of our stuff is basically available for viewing only. Or is it? Let’s talk.
A debt-free shopping spree? Possible? Yes, and benefit from every penny spent, especially on clothes. To be satisfied with your shopping long-term, you may find the following steps helpful in getting yourself an excellent wardrobe.
- Declutter your closet; keep only what fits, and what you like that is flattering.
- Get a paper(s) to list your favourite wearables. And write column headings for your categories, for example: Pants, Shirts, and Purses.
- List your favourites under the appropriate column.
- Do a mix and match; assess what is a complete outfit and what item(s) are lacking.
- Write the pieces you want to add to your favourites, resulting in an outfit.
- Determine your spending limit and bring the list with you when you shop; you’ll be less tempted on impulse purchases!